UNIO is a unique New Space start-up with the thrilling mission to build the European LEO Satellite Constellation- our objective is to deliver high speed, low latency, highly secure connectivity to users all over Europe and the Globe, be it for mobile or fixed applications. All our architectures, designs, manufacturing and testing will be done internally to speed up the development process. We focus on “Getting Things Done” and producing results. Sounds exciting to you? Join us and become a part of the leading top satellite communication system!
Job description Business Development Director Automotive
The Business Development Director Automotive will hold a strategic role within UNIO and will be responsible for UNIO’s automotive market activities. The Business Development Director will work closely with the CRO and UNIO’s Tech Team to ensure UNIO’s service portfolio meets all customer requirements and needs and is optimized for automotive customer performance, cost and timeline. The ideal candidate is an experienced, reliable, and professional person, self-motivated and proactive with strong experience in the automotive industry: As Business Development Director Automotive you establish and increase UNIOs market share by growing relationships with customers and developing sales strategies and submitting proposals to win targeted opportunities. A deep understanding of the automotive sector and a strong network in this industry is required. This role will directly report to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) of UNIO Enterprise GmbH. The Business Development Director Automotive is based in Munich, Germany.
Your challenge and key responsibilities:
- Identify potential clients in the Automotive market
- Develop relationships with prospective clients and maintain existing client relationships
- Define business models and customer requirement-based use cases for UNIO’s automotive product and services portfolio
- Create solutions by “thinking out of the box”
- Assess, evaluate, and synthetise complex issues and provide recommendations for course of action
- Strategic thinker, able to interpret and develop long-term strategy through definition and delivery of business plans
- Negotiate contract terms with clients
- Act as an interface between customer and UNIO Tech department
- Be a subject matter expert on our business services, processes and operations, and remain up to date on automotive industry needs and trends
- Travel to domestic and international customer sites, conferences, and other events as required
Your skills and qualifications:
- A deep understanding of the automotive sector, the ecosystem and its connectivity needs (must have)
- Strong Automotive market network (must have):
- Car manufacturers
- Car connectivity service providers
- Connectivity hard- and software suppliers
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the automotive industry, preferably in the car connectivity domain
- Customer centric mindset, interact with ease, confidence, diplomacy, and credibility at all levels
- Strong analytical and excellent organizational skills
- Negotiate and conclude complex agreements of strategic importance
- Attention to detail and surpassing motivation
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
- Independent hands-on working style; work under minimal supervision
- Ability to prepare presentations and supporting materials for both customers and internal business reviews
- Fluency in English (working language). Other languages, particularly German is an advantage
- Master’s degree in engineering, business administration or similar with minimum 10 years of directly related experience is required.
- Unique opportunity to contribute directly to the future of the space industry
- Great startup environment with a fabulous network of investors and partners
- Positive company culture, empowerment, short lines of communication, visionary leadership
- Multinational team from diverse industry verticals
- Based in the heart of Munich with flexible work hours and hybrid work options
- Choose your own laptop, mobile phone and desk setup
- Competitive salary and attractive bonus scheme
We strongly believe in the power of diverse teams. We think that innovation is born through interaction and exchange of empowered people with different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Thank you for your interest. Your application will be reviewed shortly.