UNIO is a unique New Space start-up with the thrilling mission to build the European LEO Satellite Constellation- our objective is to deliver high speed, low latency, highly secure connectivity to users all over Europe and the Globe, be it for mobile or fixed applications. All our architectures, designs, manufacturing and testing will be done internally to speed up the development process. We focus on “Getting Things Done” and producing results. Sounds exciting to you? Join us and become a part of the leading top satellite communication system!
Job description Senior Satellite Constellation Designer
We are looking for a Senior Satellite Constellation Designer to be able to compute through simulation, different implementation scenarios of the satellite constellation and with link budget analysis and link level simulations. The Senior Satellite Constellation Designer should be able to simulate and perform access and link analysis with Ground Stations. This is a highly technical role that will be responsible for designing a low earth orbit (LEO) satellite constellation for UNIO. The designer will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (directly reporting to) as well as Chief Revenue Officer to ensure the constellation meets all technical requirements, customer needs and is optimized for performance, cost and timeline. The role will be based in Munich, Germany.
Your challenge and key responsibilities:
- End-to-End design and development of LEO satellite constellation
- Responsible for reviews, testing and validation of the satellite design
- Support the development of cost estimates and schedule
- Stay up to date with the latest technology trends and advancements in the space and satellite market
- Responsible for development of the satellite constellation planning simulations, where the system simulations will deliver outcome results in EVM for the highest modulation coding, highest data rate and Bit/€
- Responsible for data rate simulation based on the antenna beamwidth and the fly over speeds such that the end user has quality of service.
- Perform coverage analysis in relation to data rate that identify the gaps in the coverage on the Globe
- Educate the team and communicate simulation results and highlight when issues occur.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the satellite design integrates with other systems and meets customer needs
- Works closely with other members of the team to implement and execute on the other members of the team which are ground segment and payload segment team
- Responsible for antenna steering / rate of change / beam forming and tracking, beam pointing errors, etc are critical for the simulations to understand throughput and beam handover timings
Your skills and qualifications:
- Must have: Strong understanding of the satellite link budget computations, antenna beamwidths, RF amplifiers gain and rain fade, atmospheric loss computation, frequency attenuation over distance
- Experience designing satellite constellations, particularly in LEO
- Strong knowledge of satellite subsystems and architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experiences with documenting and recording analysis to keep track of the different stages of the satellite constellation system, system testing activities such as feature validation, testing documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
- Experience with simulation tools like Keysight SystemVue, Matlab, etc.
- Master’s degree in engineering with 5 years of directly related experience is required
- Ability to work with changing requirements and understand what is needed to move ahead
- Unique opportunity to contribute directly to the future of the space industry
- Great startup environment with a fabulous network of investors and partners
- Positive company culture, empowerment, short lines of communication, visionary leadership
- Multinational team from diverse industry verticals
- Based in the heart of Munich with flexible work hours and hybrid work options
- Choose your own laptop, mobile phone and desk setup
- Competitive salary
We strongly believe in the power of diverse teams. We think that innovation is born through interaction and exchange of empowered people with different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Thank you for your interest. Your application will be reviewed shortly.